How to delete Reddit history?
Reddit has many different communities, and if you’ve been searching and moving across these groups, you’ve probably left a lot of breadcrumbs. Like any other social platform, Reddit collects data saved in your account. Everything remains until you erase your account history or the account itself.
You may want to delete your Reddit search history for various reasons. However, you should know a few things before deleting Reddit search history.
- If you use Reddit on multiple devices, you must manually remove the search history on each device.
- When you delete your search history, the data is removed from your devices and is no longer accessible to the public. Reddit will, however, keep a record of your search history.
- If you erase your browser’s cookies, you must log in again with your credentials.
Remember that clearing your Reddit search history does not delete your posts or comments.
Can you delete your Reddit search history?
It is possible to remove your Reddit history, but depending on the type of data you wish to clear, you may only be able to do so on particular platforms. Three types of histories accumulate when you use your device to browse Reddit.
Your search history is the first. When you write something into Reddit’s search box and press ‘Enter,’ Reddit remembers your search query, so you may quickly return to it. This history can be cleared on both your desktop and mobile devices.
The second type is your Reddit “view history”. This history comprises a record of Reddit posts that you’ve read. This history can only be cleared on an iPhone, iPad, or Android phone.
Your web browser history is the third sort of history. When you visit the Reddit website (or any other website), your web browser saves the links to the pages you’ve viewed. To ensure no traces of your Reddit browsing remain, erase this history on your desktop and mobile devices.
How to view Reddit history?
Both the Reddit app and website allow you to view your browsing history. On the other hand, the lists of posts you’ve considered are device-specific. Here’s how to access your history on both mobile and web platforms.
Viewing Reddit history on the Mobile app
It’s easy to view your history on the mobile app:
- In the app, tap your profile photo in the top right corner.
- Scroll down to “History” in the side menu, this is how it looks like
- This will display a list of recent posts that you have viewed. By tapping on “Recent” in the top left corner, you can modify the sorting order by selecting “Upvoted,” “Downvoted,” or “Hidden.”
Viewing Reddit history on the website
The steps to locating your browsing history on the Reddit website differ slightly. Follow the instructions below to view your history on the website:
- Open Reddit and tap your profile image in the top-right corner.
- Select “Profile” from the drop-down menu. This will lead you to a page that separates your profile information and history into tabs.
- Select the “History” tab to examine your browsing history.
- // infographic here that shows Reddit history on the website. //
Can people see my Reddit history? / Is Reddit history public?
When other people visit your profile, they cannot see your browsing history. They will, however, be able to see an overview of your profile and the posts and comments you’ve made.
It is straightforward to remove Reddit search history from mobile devices and far simpler than using a browser, here’s how its done:
How to delete Reddit search history on Android
Follow these steps to delete Reddit’s search history on your Android device:
- Open the Reddit app on your Android device.
- Tap on your profile photo in the upper right corner.
- Go to the “History section.”
- Select “Clear History” by tapping the three-dotted line in the top right corner.
That’s all there is to it. All data associated with the Reddit account will be destroyed. If you have an iPhone, proceed to the following method.
How to delete Reddit search history on iPhone
If you’re using iOS and want to wipe your Reddit search history swiftly, follow these steps:
- On your iPhone, launch the Reddit app.
- Tap on your profile photo in the upper right-hand corner.
- Now, select Settings.
- To confirm, go to ‘Clear local history’ and touch on it again.
That’s it – you’ve wiped your Reddit search history.
If you don’t have the Reddit app on your phone, you can clear the history with a web browser.
How to delete Reddit search history on a web browser
As previously said, cleaning search history from the web can be more complicated than a few simple clicks. You should keep in mind that when you use the Reddit website, your search history is saved in your web browser, not by Reddit.
Follow these steps to delete your view history on the Reddit website:
- Select “User Settings” by clicking on your profile image in the upper right corner.
- Then, from the navigation bar, choose “Profile.”
- Scroll to the “Clear history” section and click the “Clear history” button.
This clears the history of your post views. It does not, however, remove your comments, posts, saved posts, upvoted, and downvoted history.
You can also remove recently used search terms from the search bar. Click the “Search Reddit” box at the top of the page. You are not required to type anything in the box.
All of your previously searched questions will be listed in the box. Click the “X” icon next to the entry you want to remove from your history. Repeat for each query you wish to get rid of.
You may also consider clearing your browser history
Clearing your history on the Reddit web browser only removes your view history – it does not clear your comments, saved posts, or upvoted and downvoted posts. If you wish to delete your Reddit search history all at once, the only alternative is to clear your browser’s cookies. This will also delete all of your Reddit search history and other saved data.
Like all other websites, Reddit is saved in your web browser’s history. Clear this history type to delete any traces of your Reddit browsing.
The method for deleting your web browser’s saved history varies depending on the browser.
How to clear your browsing history on Chrome
To erase your Chrome browsing history on Windows, Mac, or Linux:
- Click the three-dot symbol in the upper-right corner of the browser.
- Place your cursor over “More Tools” and select “Clear Browsing Data.”
- To remove your browser history, pick “the beginning of time” in the top-right drop-down box and tick the “Browsing history” option.
You can also clear other sensitive data from this page, such as your download history, cookies, and browser cache.
How to clear your browsing history on Microsoft Edge
- Click the three-dot menu, then “History,” then the three-dots again, and hit “Clear Browsing Data.”
- Check the “Browsing History” box and then click “Clear.”
You can also clear additional forms of private data from here, such as your download history, cached data, cookies, and saved tabs. Select the type of data to be deleted and press the “Clear” button.
How to clear your browsing history on Firefox
To erase your browsing history in Firefox:
- Navigate to “History” and “Clear Recent History” by selecting the three-line menu symbol in the browser’s top-right corner.
- Choose “Everything” at the top of the window and select “Browsing & Download History” in the extensive list of items to clear and wipe your browsing history.
You can also clear additional sorts of private data, such as cookies, browser cache, offline website data, and website-specific preferences, from this page.
And that’s history!
You now know how to view your Reddit browsing history and delete it if you want to keep it private. If you don’t wish Reddit to save this information in the future, you can browse anonymously.
Protect Your Privacy
with Urban VPN
Download Urban VPN to enjoy complete online security and privacy while hiding IP address.Free Download